Why join the Platelet Society?
- A focused forum for discussion and presentation of recent platelet research
- Opportunities for career development, networking, and community-building
- Discounted rates for Platelet Society Meetings
- Free or discounted rates for Early Career Platelet Society Meetings
- Reduced-price access to specialist training workshops (e.g. Summer School)
- Eligibility to apply for bursaries to attend scientific meetings
To advance education and support research in all matters associated with platelets in disease.
To advance the education of the public.
Researchers and Clinicians
£50 for the first year;
then £40 recurrent payment annually.
Students, trainees, postdoctoral fellows, clinical research fellows and technicians
£20 for the first year;
then £15 recurrent payment annually.
Retired researchers can still be members of the platelet community.
Retired researchers can retain their membership after retirement free of charge.
Membership for new members commences from the first subscription payment date until the 28th February of the next year. You then become a current member and payments will then commence on the 1st of March the following year to cover a full calendar year (1st March – 28th February).
This can be set up as a recurring payment when selecting the automatic recurring payment option. You can pay by PayPal or by credit card through PayPal Express.
Please note that the Platelet Society does not store your Paypal Username or Password when you checkout with Paypal Express. All Paypal Express transactions are conducted securely via a Billing Agreement with Paypal using your Billing Agreement ID as a reference.
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel membership within seven days of the initial payment. Please contact the Platelet Society Operations Officer via the Contact Us page, who will arrange for your name to be removed from the membership list and payment to be reimbursed.