The Platelet Society was registered with the Charities Commission on March 22nd 2017.
The purpose of the charity is:
- to advance the education of the public;
- to promote and assist research in all matters associated with platelets in disease;
- to ensure the dissemination of the useful results of such research.
The Platelet Society supports new and ongoing research into platelet-related diseases. Members of the Platelet Society are actively engaged in researching all aspects of platelet biology, from how they are made to how they work normally and how they go wrong in disease.
The Platelet Society supports education in platelet-related diseases is a wide variety of ways. The Platelet Society publishes Fact Sheets for patients with Platelet Function Disorders (PFDs). The latest research by members of the Platelet Society is included. The Platelet Society organises scientific conferences to promote the latest research. The Platelet Society also organises the UK Platelet Summer School to train the next generation of researchers.
The benefits for Research Members
of The Platelet Society are:
- A central point of communication and online networking via the website and social media channels
- Dissemination and sharing of research updates
- Publication of meetings
- Opportunities for bursaries
- Sharing of job opportunities